Collection Of Private Data And Personal Information
All private data and personal information collected at the website may include the following items:
1. Any personal details, including name, home address, work address, fixed line telephone number, mobile phone number, email address, or any other contact method that you knowingly provide when completing enquiry forms, car registration forms, requests for information via all company email addresses displayed on the website.
2. Your stated options or preferences and consequential use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you, if you choose to receive email updates on products and offers and until we receive notification to that you select to unsubscribe.
3. Your IP Address, a sequence of identification numbers and numerals unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server each time you request any page or component on the website. This information is used solely to monitor your usage of the website, and no other purpose.
4. Data recorded by the website on your computer by the use of online data files called cookies, which allows recognition of your preferred settings on each subsequent visit to the website without the requirement to re-enter information. Most browsers can be preset for security purposes to reject or alert prior to downloading cookies. Further information may be found in your browsers ‘help’ facility.
Use Of Private Data And Personal Information
All and any private data and personal information we collect from this website is strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. Use of private data and personal information is used for the following:
1. To provide after sales service. We may pass your details on to another organisation for the purposes only to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service.
2. To send you information on our other products and services. On individual occasions, we may require to use your email address and when this is to occur, you will be offered the option to opt in/out before completing your purchase.
There will be circumstances where we will need to pass the information we collect onto other companies for administrative purposes. Where we may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring customer use of the website and email distribution, third parties will be prohibited from using your personal information for their own purposes.
Your Legal Rights
You have the right to request a copy of any private data and personal information that we currently hold about you. To receive any retained information we have referring to you, please send your contact details, including address and a payment of £10 to cover administration expenses to the following address:
Buy The Car
99 Wood Lane